Re: dib0700 diversity support

On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, Nicolas Will wrote:

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009, Nicolas Will wrote:
This change should improve reception conditions for devices based on the DiB0070-tuner (DiB7070P e.g) .

We tried this driver with our reference boards and it works well, but sometimes DiBcom's customers are adding things, DiBcom is not really aware of. That's why there is a risk that it breaks supports for some cards.

Well, breakage is easier to notice!

I can test on the Nova-T 500.

For you _nothing_ should change.

The Nova-T is using dib3000mc+mt2060.

If it does not work for you any longer, something else is broken.
If it works better for you, it's simply magic.
Well then, I'll step out of the way and leave the testing to relevant people!

So why does dib0070 appear in my lsmod?

Because the dib0700 is using it for some layouts it supports. And it requires all modules to be loaded in case such a device is plugged.

--

Patrick Boettcher - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com/