RE: usb dvb-c tuner status

Hi,
I am also very interested in any development with the TT-connectR CT-3650 CI
DVB-C and DVB-T tuners as well.

I have not had a chance to test the DVB-C side of things but DVB-T tuning
currently does not work.

It was mentioned somewhere you might have to load a firmware file. Not sure
how you do this.

There appears to be new firmware available for the tda10048 within the new
technotrend BDA Driver.

Go to the only working technotrend driver page
http://www.tt-pc.de/2899/PC-Produkte.html (Only available in German)

Find and download "TT-BDA-Data Version 1.4.4.2 (16.01.09)"
http://www.tt-download.com/download/updates/bda/TT-BDA-Data%20-%201.4.4.2_WE
B_2009-01-16.zip

Extract the archive and find the ttusb2bda.sys file

Run this : dd if=ttusb2bda.sys of=dvb-fe-tda10048-5.0.1.7fw bs=1 skip=522376
count=25042

This should extract the current firmware from the file.

The previously mentioned ttusb2bda_1.0.2.20 file is not available any more.

After that I am not sure what you have to do with this file to get DVB-T
tuning to work.

Also might be of interest for "TT-connectR S2-3650" and "TT-connectR
S2-3600" is a firmware update for the card that "Improving the quality of
reception at high data rates on DVB-S2 transponders"

Chris

               />      Christopher J. Thornley is cjt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 (*)OXOXOXOXO(*>=*=O=S=U=0=3=6=*=---------                             >
               \>       Home Page :-http://www.coolrose.fsnet.co.uk