Re: [linux-dvb] problem: Hauppauge Nova TD500

On 11/08/2009, at 11:11 PM, Nicolas Will wrote:

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 13:53 +0100, Tim Docker wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to diagnose a problem with a mythtv setup based upon a
hauppauge nova td 500. I've had the setup for some months - it seemed
work reasonably reliably initially, but over the last few weeks I've
had
consistent problems with the tuner card entering a state where it is
unable to receive a signal.

This problem is most probably caused by the tuner being in USB suspend
when MythTV wants to use it too quickly.

Either disable usb suspend in your kernel, or tell mythtv to take wait
some more before tuning.

I told MythTV to wait some more, and all is fine.

http://www.youplala.net/linux/home-theater-pc#toc-not-losing-one-of-the-nova-t-500s-tuners

Thanks - I've make the changes, and it's survived the first 24 hours, which is an improvement. Time will tell if the problem has really gone.

Tim