Re: [linux-dvb] TechnoTrend TT-connect S2-3650 CI

Op Di, 11 augustus, 2009 20:32, schreef Christopher Thornley:
> -- SNIP --
>
> I probably would like to get both the S2API and Multiprot methods
> working.
>
> Many Thanks
> Chris

That won't be possible. It's S2API or Multiproto. And since S2API is the
official standard - besides the fact that Multiproto is old and absolete -
you should forget about Multiproto.

So in short, your DVB devices should be used using the S2API drivers. You
can use v4l or s2-liplianin (I use s2-liplianin myself) which are both
S2API. Only v4l is the official tree while s2-liplianin is more
experimental. After fetching v4l or s2-liplianin you can easily install
them for your kernel using: make ; make install ; reboot.

Then check if your cards were detected using dmesg (it should tell you
information if the DVB devices were detected) and you can check /dev/dvb.
You should have two folders containing adapter0 and adapter1.

Normally, a simple check would be to use a DVB application like Kaffeine.
Alternatively you can use MythTV 0.22 (which supports S2API), VDR 1.7.0
with my S2API patch or VDR 1.7.4 or higher (latest version is 1.7.8).

Regards,

Niels Wagenaar