Re: [PULL] soc-camera: fix recursive cpin-lock (2.6.31)

Hi Guennadi,

Em Thu, 6 Aug 2009 01:28:17 +0200 (CEST)
Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi Mauro,
>
> I posted this fix and haven't got any objections (apart from unused
> variables, which are removed in this version), but - please have a look at
> it before pulling. In mx3_camera.c::mx3_videobuf_queue(), which is the
> driver's .buf_queue() method I temporarily drop the spinlock and reenable
> interrupts to call a possible sleeping function, and then re-lock. Is this
> acceptable? If not - the IPU IDMAC DMA driver would have to be changed. If
> it is - please, pull.

This depends on how your driver works. The spinlock is important to put a
memory barrier protecting videobuf queue data that can be used inside the IRQ
routine and via videobuf ioctls. provided that the routines you're calling at
videobuf_queue don't touch at the videobuf queue, I don't see any trouble with
this strategy. Your code seems to work.

> Also notice, this is a fix for 2.6.31, and I forgot
> to put the "Priority" tag in it, sorry.

Ok, I'll re-tag it on my queue.

Cheers,
Mauro