Re: [patch review 6/6] radio-mr800: redesign radio->users counter

Alexey Klimov schrieb:
On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Trent Piepho<xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2009, Alexey Klimov wrote:
Redesign radio->users counter. Don't allow more that 5 users on radio in
Why?

Well, v4l2 specs says that multiple opens are optional. Honestly, i
think that five userspace applications open /dev/radio is enough. Btw,
if too many userspace applications opened radio that means that
something wrong happened in userspace. And driver can handle such
situation by disallowing new open calls(returning EBUSY). I can't
imagine user that runs more than five mplayers or gnomeradios, or
kradios and so on.

Am i totally wrong here?

Thanks.
"I can't imagine.." Funny answer, reminds at the 640kB limit of old computers.. :) But if there's no real technical restriction, the driver should not restrict access a device at all.