Re: Linux Plumbers Conference 2009: V4L2 API discussions

On Saturday 08 August 2009 00:36:53 VDR User wrote:
> It has been months now since the discussion about actually making (a
> unified) STR/SNR useful.  Is this going to be addressed at the
> conference?  It's one of those things that would be greatly useful for
> users/applications but seemingly has gotten neglected.

I have no plans myself to discuss that during that conference. Someone else
may bring it up of course, but I have insufficient knowledge about it to
contribute much to such a discussion.

Nor do I think that that is something that needs to be discussed there. This
is something that can be discussed perfectly well here.

Basically things like this will not be fixed unless someone is willing to
put in the hours to find a good solution and to implement it (or cajole people
into doing it for you if you're not a programmer).

Regards,

	Hans