Re: sn9c20x driver seems ok, but no video

Chris,
The sn9c20x module only supports jpeg, bayer and its own yuv420
format. most applications do not nativly understand these formats and
will therefore require the use of libv4l a user space library able to
convert between formats in order to work. This library was first
included on ubuntu with intrepid, since you are using hardy you will
have to manually download it and compile it yourself or upgrade your
ubuntu system to at least intrepid. If you don't decide to upgrade you
can download the latest version of libv4l at
http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/

Also the driver you are using while it certainly should work fine when
using libv4l for conversion, there is now a gspca based version of
that driver included in the latest v4l-dvb as well as kernel
repositories, You should be able to upgrade from your jaunty kernel to
the current karmic kernel and have the gspca sn9c20x driver included.
You still will need to use the libv4l for handling format conversions
though.

Regards,
Brian Johnson