Re: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-900HD support?

Michael Krufky wrote:
Kaya,

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 7:53 AM, Kaya Saman<SamanKaya@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't think that's true -- I didn't see your earlier post, but I can
only assume that your WinTV USB 1 Tuner uses the NT003 / NT004
chipsets, supported by the usbvision driver -- did you try that?

Better off getting a new one anyway, since analog TV will disappear
eventually and DTV is all that will be around.
The HVR-900H is currently *not* supported under Linux, and it does not
seem that it will get such support anytime in the near future,
unfortunately.  Please note, I am only speaking for the HVR-900H ...
other flavors of the HVR900 are fully functional and supported, just
not the "H" version.

If you're looking for a well-supported USB hybrid device, I would
recommend one of the standard "HVR-900" sticks, or even better, the
HVR-1900 .  The HVR1900 is a usb device that does Digital DVB-T and
analog (PAL / NTSC) both.  The analog side has a hardware mpeg encoder
-- this is perfect if you intend to use the device for recordings.
HVR1900 is fully supported under Linux.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike

Thanks for the response Mike!

You claim there is a Hauppauge HVR-1900... I am looking on the www.hauppauge.co.uk website and all I see is a 1400 which is SMC slot??

In fact just checked hauppauge.com and there seems to be a 1950 model! Perhaps it hasn't been released yet or maybe I haven't found it. Is it HD compatible like the HVR-900H model?
--This is not so important but a nicety none the less :-)

I will forward my previous post to you directly!

Regards,

Kaya