Re: driver for 041e:4055 Creative Technology, Ltd Live! Cam Video IM

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:54:19 +0530
amol verule <amol.debian@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> thanks denis,
>                        after following these steps it worked me to
> detect device but not to read or get picture from device. it is
> giving error as usb 5-5: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and
> address 3 usb 5-5: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
> Linux video capture interface: v2.00
> gspca: main v2.7.0 registered
> gspca: probing 041e:4055
> zc3xx: Sensor Tas5130 (VF0250)
> gspca: probe ok
> usbcore: registered new interface driver zc3xx
> zc3xx: registered
> usb 5-5: USB disconnect, address 3
> gspca: usb_submit_urb alt 2 err -19
> gspca: disconnect complete
> gspca: open failed err -19
> gspca: open failed err -19
>                                what this error means ..i think
> problem in device driver it is not able to open device..how to
> resolve this error???
>
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 6:34 PM, Denis Loginov <dinvlad@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Actually, according to http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/ , you can just
> > try 'USB
> > Video Class' Driver, i.e. Device Drivers -> Multimedia Devices ->
> > Video Capture Adapters -> V4L USB Devices -> (M) USB Video Class
> > (UVC) & (y) UVC input events device support
> > (CONFIG_USB_VIDEO_CLASS=m & USB_VIDEO_CLASS_INPUT_EVDEV=y).

Hello Amol and Denis,

This webcam is not handled by gspca (it is VF0230, and not VF0250).

I already got a usbsnoop and I may say that it if not UVC compliant too.

With the usbsnoop and the register names in the V0230Dev.inf of the
ms-win driver, it should be easy to create a new driver, but:

- it seems it asks for a firmware which may be copyrighted,

- the images are compressed and the encoding is not known...

BTW, the linux video stuff is now discussed in the linux-media mailing
list (see Cc:).

Best regards.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/