Re: Terratec Cinergy HibridT XS

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 2:37 AM, Valerio Messina<efa@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Devin Heitmueller ha scritto:
>>
>> How are you testing the IR support?
>
> starting Kaffeine with a Digital TV channel, pressing numeric key of the
> remote in front of IR receiver connected to Terratec Cinergy Hybrid T XS.
>
>> And are you using the Terratec
>> remote control that came with the product?
>
> yes, the one showed in this picture:
> http://www.terratec.it/prodotti/schede_tv/TerraTec%20Cinergy%20Hybrid%20T%20USB%20XS/CinergyHybridTUSBXSscope.jpg
>
>> Have you tried opening a
>> text editor, hitting the "1" key, and seeing if the character appears?
>
> I tried last evening, and no, does not appear any digit.
>
> My lsusb ID is:
> Bus 001 Device 007:
> ID 0ccd:0042 TerraTec Electronic GmbH Cinergy Hybrid T XS
>
> Note: with Ubuntu 8.04 K2.6.24-21-generic the TV and IR always worked.
> With Ubuntu 8.10 and kernel
> 2.6.27.7-generic, 2.6.27.9-generic, 2.6.27.11-generic, 2.6.27-14-generic
> I needed to add some media Kheaders, but then TV and IR always worked.
> The problem appear just after upgrade to Ubuntu 9.04 kernel
> 2.6.28-13-generic and happen the same for 2.6.28-14-generic
>
> Valerio

I'm quite confident that it wasn't working in 8.04/8.10 with the stock
kernel, given I spent every night for several weeks getting support
for both variants of the device to work using hardware sent to me by a
user.  And I had to create an IR profile for the remote control from
scratch.

That said, the root of the problem seems to be that the IR support I
wrote didn't find its way upstream.  I can only assume that I lost the
patch when I was redoing my hg tree for submission.

I will look around and see if I can find a backup of the old tree.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com