Re: Help bringing up a sensor driver for isp omap34xx.c

Sakari,
My images are not so pretty yet, but that is because I haven't set any
real configuration on the image sensor yet.  First I would like to get
the data streaming to the framebuffer. That will allow me to focus the
image, then I will start applying the i2c calls needed.   Also I have
an idea for creating a sensor driver, one to rule them all so to
speak.  What are your opinions on a driver that would read a firmware
file that basically contains the i2c calls that are sensor specific.
In the firmware block it would have the necessary code to first find
the sensor, then it would have blocks to do the various sensor related
features, such as init ,gain, exposure , etc, etc.  This model would
allow for anyone to use an image sensor with confidential datasheets
because they could place there firmware in say /lib/firmware/imaging
and not be forced to have that GPL'ed.  Plus everyone benefits from a
highly tested GPL'ed driver.  I even image a tool that allows
designers to generate the firmware files while viewing the data on the
framebuffer, but thats a future discussion.

Thanks,
John Sarman