Re: [linux-dvb] Terratec Cinergy HTC USB XS HD

On Saturday, 18. July 2009 04:06:13 Alain Kalker wrote:
> Op maandag 15-06-2009 om 22:36 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef sacha:
> > Hello
> >
> > Does anybody know if this devise will ever work with Linux?
> > It was promised by one person last year the support will be available
> > within months. One year has gone, nothing happens.
> > Is there any alternatives to develop a driver for this devise aside from
> > this person?
>
> Since there has been no answer to your question for some time, I think I
> will step in.
>
> >From http://mcentral.de/wiki/index.php5/Terratec_HTC_XS , the future for
>
> a driver from Markus for this device does seem to look quite bleak.
> However, from looking in the mailinglist archive I gather that Steven
> Toth has offered to try getting it to work if someone is willing to
> provide him with a device.
> Maybe you two could get in contact.
> I myself am also interested in a driver for this device but I haven't
> got one yet.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Alain

as far as i know there already exists a driver but it could not be published
as it is based on the micronas refernce driver

i think the problem is related to

http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2008-December/030738.html

but this new situation with
http://www.tridentmicro.com/Product_drx_39xyK.asp

can maby change something about this chip

and it would be possible to get the rights to publish the driver under  gpl-2

thx
Mario