Re: [linux-dvb] problems with Terratec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C MK3 after mainboard switch

Hi Andy,

You appear to be experiencing PCI bus errors.  Read errors on the PCI
bus return 0xffffffff and it looks like that's happening on your system:

	(rev ff) (prog-if ff)

PCI bus error are usually caused by the PCI bridge chips on your
motherboard being overwhelmed or by bus signals of marginal quality or,
of course, by actually defective hardware.

As something simple and easy to try, I would suggest:

1. Remove *all* your PCI cards
2. Blow the dust out of *all* the slots.
3. Reseat the cards.

That will hopefully improve the signal quality on the bus.

Ok, I cleaned the cards one more and atm there's only 1 card in the system. Blew out all dust (the motherboard arrived brand new yesterday, so probably not necessary), still the same probs. After heavy IO the card dies. I plugged one of the cards back in the old motherboard and installed a backup vdr, no probs at all with that card. Everything else on the new mainboard works like a charm, so I doubt the board is broken.

Still looking for any other hints,

Matthias