Re: regression : saa7134 with Pinnacle PCTV 50i (analog) can not tune anymore

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 4:45 PM, hermann pitton<hermann-pitton@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As far I know we did not change the bus speed or anything, but some
> cards need and i2c quirk to work correctly with the clients.
>
> Mike recently changed the old quirk with good reasons and it was widely
> tested, also by me, without any negative effect seen.
>
> Maybe your card is a rare case needing the old quirk.

I've already testes in the Pinnacle board and the quirk did not cause
any new problems.

I mentioned, however, that I saw some frontend issues that should be
looked at.  I dont have time right now to deal with this myself, but
perhaps within the next few weeks I can take a look at it.

Meanwhile, that was with respect to digital reception, only -- I did
not have such problems with analog -- not that I recall, at least.

Also, it does no good to manually modprobe tda8290, tda827x or
tda18271 -- the -dvb bridge driver will attach those modules as
needed, just as the tuner.ko module would as well.

I'd recommend to go back to a stable vanilla kernel, then rebuild
v4l-dvb from linuxtv.org with all options enabled.  If there are still
issues at that point, it should be looked at again.

Sorry I dont have any real answers, but I have my eye on this thread
-- I'll chime in if I can offer any more advice.

Good Luck,

Mike