Adelaide Foothills DVB-T tuning

Dear Linux Media people,

I've struggled to tune various DVB-T devices in Mitcham South Australia. Mitcham is in the foothills area of Adelaide without a clear line of sight to the main Mt Lofty transmission towers. The tuning wizards, for instance in me-tv, only display a single location file for Adelaide (au-Adelaide). There is an alternative transmitter in the Adelaide CBD (Grenfell Street) to cover this area.

I did quite a bit of web searching looking for information about tuning in this area without much success and no clear statement how to get DVB-T devices tuned here.

Guessing that my problem was due to the lack of tuning information for the Grenfell Street transmitter I created a new file /usr/share/dvb/dvb-t/au-AdelaideFoothills with the following data. I have been able to tune the 18 stations currently broadcast using the standard me-tv tuning wizard. :-) I'm not sure that all the data in that file is optimal but it works! Does anybody have any improvements to suggest.

# Australia / Adelaide / Grenfell Street
# T freq bw fec_hi fec_lo mod transmission-mode guard-interval hierarchy
# ABC
T 781625000 7MHz 3/4 NONE QAM64 8k 1/16 NONE
# Seven
T 711500000 7MHz 3/4 NONE QAM64 8k 1/16 NONE
# Nine
T 795500000 7MHz 3/4 NONE QAM64 8k 1/16 NONE
# Ten
T 732500000 7MHz 3/4 NONE QAM64 8k 1/16 NONE
# SBS
T 760500000 7MHz 2/3 NONE QAM64 8k 1/8 NONE

It would be good if an entry equivalent to my au-AdelaideFoothills could be included in the linux-tv packages so that residents in the Adelaide foothills would have an easier experience with DVB-T. How can that data be included? Who is in a position to incorporate the additional location entry.

bye

ian