Re: Call for testers: Terratec Cinergy T XS USB support

Markus Rechberger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 4:00 PM, Devin
> Heitmueller<dheitmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> A few weeks ago, I did some work on support for the Terratec Cinergy T
>> XS USB product. �I successfully got the zl10353 version working and
>> issued a PULL request last week
>> (http://www.kernellabs.com/hg/~dheitmueller/em28xx-terratec-zl10353)
>>

> There will be an alternative driver entirely in userspace available
> which works across all major kernelversions and distributions. It will
> support the old em28xx devices and handle audio routing for the most
> popular TV applications directly.
>
> This system makes compiling the drivers unnecessary across all
> available linux systems between 2.6.15 and ongoing. This package also
> allows commercial drivers from vendors, the API itself is almost the
> same as the video4linux/linuxdvb API. Installing a driver takes less
> than five seconds without having to take care about the kernel API or
> having to set up a development system. Aside of that it's operating
> system independent (working on Linux, MacOSX and FreeBSD).
> I think this is the way to go for the future since it adds more
> possibilities to the drivers, and it eases up and speeds up driver
> development dramatically.

Still keep feeling an itch to response to this. I am not interested in
any proprietary driver binaries and I tried to work with you and
contributed documentation, testing and lot of time to your em28xx
project. I feel mislead and wasted my time trying to help you. Please
don't response to this mail in this thread make a separate public thread
if you want to discus it. I don't like thread highjacking. You are more
then welcome to contribute code back in small patches for one change at
a time that meets the Linux kernel licensing and coding guidelines. I
sometimes got the feeling you are doing more good then harm working for
Empiatech.

Best regards,

Jelle de Jong