Re: [RESEND PULL] http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/k2c2

Em Wed, 1 Jul 2009 08:04:55 -0400
Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu:

> Mauro,
>
> Resending this pull request for the 4th time.  You've agreed to merge
> this last month.
>
> This change should go to Linus for 2.6.31 -- Please send this to him
> with your first round of bugfixes for 2.6.31
>
> Please pull from:
>
> http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/k2c2

Argh! I was not noticing that your tree were causing merge conflicts with mine:

$ ./v4l/scripts/do_merge.pl http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/k2c2
Checking if everything is ok, before applying the new tree.
hg pull http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/k2c2
pulling from http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/k2c2
searching for changes
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 2 changesets with 4 changes to 2 files (+1 heads)
(run 'hg heads' to see heads, 'hg merge' to merge)
Merging the new changesets
merging linux/drivers/media/video/cx23885/cx23885-dvb.c
warning: conflicts during merge.
merging linux/drivers/media/video/cx23885/cx23885-dvb.c failed!
merging linux/drivers/media/video/cx23885/cx23885.h
0 files updated, 1 files merged, 0 files removed, 1 files unresolved
use 'hg resolve' to retry unresolved file merges
hg merge failed. Can't procceed.
*** ERROR *** Rolling back hg pull http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/k2c2
rolling back last transaction
2 files updated, 0 files merged, 0 files removed, 0 files unresolved

This probably happened since the first time you sent me the patch. I've patched
the do_merge.pl script to print a louder error message to be easier for
noticing when a pull request failed.

What's even more weird is that applying the patches manually work fine. So, I
suspect that somehow your tree is corrupted. Another possibility is that some
patches between your patch parent and tip changed something at the same place
you're touching, and hg couldn't solve the conflict.

To avoid even more troubles with this, I've manually picked the two patches and
applied with ./mailimport script. Please, re-generate this tree, since the
hash of the patches has changed.

Cheers,
Mauro