(very) wrong picture with sonixj driver and 0c45:6128

Hello

i am trying to use an "ngs skull" webcam with the gspca sonixj driver .
i enclose a screen copy , so one can see what what i mean :
the image is flatten vertically , there is 25% missing on the left .
and the color is all wrong , over-bright  . (no matter how much i try to correct with v4l_ctl)
the tests have been done with the latest mercurial version of the v4l drivers (from sunday evening)
on 2.6.29.4 . I also tried it on 2 other computers (2.6.28.2 ) and 2.6.27.4 . with sames results .

I do not think , it is a hardware related problem as the cam work fine on windows machine with the
vendor driver .

the tests have beeen done wit svv :
[root@neptune]# svv -d /dev/ngs_skull_cam
raw pixfmt: JPEG 640x480
pixfmt: RGB3 640x480
mmap method

this is the initialisation of the device as seen in dmesg

usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 7
gspca: probing 0c45:6128
sonixj: Sonix chip id: 12
gspca: probe ok
width = 160, height=120
width = 320, height=240
width = 640, height=480
- Unknown type!

any idea what is going on ?

I can provide more detailled log if needed , by setting the debug param in gspca_main

Regards