Re: v4l2_subdev GPIO and Pin Control ops (Re: PxDVR3200 H LinuxTV v4l-dvb patch : Pull GPIO-20 low for DVB-T)

On 6/26/09 2:19 PM, Andy Walls wrote:
On Fri, 2009-06-26 at 12:25 -0400, Steven Toth wrote:
On 6/26/09 12:12 PM, Andy Walls wrote:

My plan was to add the necessary support to the cx25840 module for
setting up the cx23885 pin control multiplexers (subdev config time),
the GPIO 23-19 directions (subdev config time), and the GPIO 23-19
output states (dynamically as needed via subdev's .s_gpio call).
Ahh. I'm already working on this, the code is partially merged for the GPIO
overhaul (a few weeks ago). I'm currently on the next stage. You should see some
todo comments in the current cx23885 driver.

Doesn't the cx23885 driver already configure the multiplexer pins at config time
for the cx25840? Check the -cards.c for the HVR1800 entry.

I'm not talking about the AFE Mux, I was refering to things like, as an
example, if an external pin could be configured as either GPIO[n] pin or
an audio sample clock.  The mux setting that handles that.

Regards,
Andy

Ahh, fair enough, thanks Andy.

Give me a little while to resolve some of the missing GPIO pieces then lets review. If I still don't have what you need then we can review again and I'd be happy to implement any ideas we think make sense.

Some HVR1800 ioctl work is stuck in the queue prior to this, so it could be a couple of weeks before I get back to it.

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com