Re: ivtv && Radio Data System (RDS) - is there something planned/already available

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Hans Verkuil<hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Friday 19 June 2009 13:36:49 wk wrote:
>> Is there anything planned/ongoing to support Radio Data System (RDS)
>> with ivtv supported cards?
>> Would be quite helpful for analogue radio channel scanning and finding
>> the matching channel names.
>> Is there something out to be tested?
>
> As far as I know there are no ivtv-based cards with RDS functionality. If
> you have one that can do RDS under Windows, then please let me know and I
> can take a look.

  A workaround can be to use a 10$ USB radio with RDS support and use
it as a secondary (silent) tuner for doing the scanning operations in
the background, so that you can have a fully up to date radio stations
list all the time without impacting the listening of your main radio
tuner - works very well!

Ed