Re: GPL code for Omnivision USB video camera available.

Hans de Goede wrote:

> This looks to me like its just ov51x-jpeg made to compile with the
> latest kernel.

Its more than that. This driver supports a number of cameras and the
only one we (bCODE) are really interested in is the ovfx2 driver.

> Did you make any functional changes?

I believe the ovfx2 driver is completely new.

> Also I wonder if you're subscribed to the (low trafic) ov51x-jpeg
> mailinglist, that seems to be the right thing todo for someone who tries
> to get that driver in to the mainline.

Sorry its the ovfx2 that I'm interested in pushing into  the kernel.

> May I ask what cam you have? I could certainly use more people testing
> this.

It looks like this on the USB bus:

    Bus 007 Device 002: ID 05a9:2800 OmniVision Technologies, Inc.

Cheers,
Erik
--
erik de castro lopo