Re: What alternative way could be possible for initializing sensor rigistors?

> Hello everyone,
>
> In subdev framework, we already have "init" API  but not recommended
> for new drivers to use this. But I'm so frustrated for the absence of
> that kind of API.

What I want to do is that you can pass such data through the board_info.
Patch for that have been posted but I still haven't had the chance to sit
down and review them :-(

This method is the common method for existing i2c drivers and should (I
think) be used for all new i2c drivers.

> I'm working on camera driver which needs to programme registors
> through I2C bus and just stuck figuring out how to make it programmed
> in device open (in this case, camera interface should be opened)
> procedure.

You're not trying to pass register/value pairs to the i2c driver, are you?
You should tell the i2c driver what you want and let the i2c driver do the
register programming for you. Only the i2c driver should know about the
registers of the i2c device.

> So, if I have no chance to use "init" API with implementing
> my driver, which API should be used? Actually without "init" API, I
> should make my driver to programme initializing registors in s_fmt or
> s_parm sort of APIs.

Use init as long as the new functions passing the board_info to the i2c
core are not yet available. You can convert once we have the new API in
place.

> Any other alternative API is served in subdev framework? Please let me
> know if there is something I missed.

It's work in progress and I'm the bottleneck here :-(

> BTW, subdev framework is really
> cool. Totally arranged and easy to use.

Thanks!

Regards,