Re: dib0700 Nova-TD-Stick problem

Hi Soeren,

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Soeren.Moch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Soeren.Moch wrote:
For a few weeks I use a Nova-TD-Stick and was annoyed with dvb stream
errors, although the demod bit-error-rate (BER/UNC) was zero.

I could track down this problem to dib0700_streaming_ctrl:
When one channel is streaming and the other channel is switched on, the
stream of the already running channel gets broken.

I think this is a firmware bug and should be fixed there, but I attach a
driver patch, which solved the problem for me. (Kernel 2.6.29.1, FW
1.20, Nova-T-Stick + Nova-TD-Stick used together). Since I had to reduce
the urb count to 1, I consider this patch as quick hack, not a real
solution.

Probably the same problem exists with other dib0700 diversity/dual
devices, without a firmware fix a similar driver patch may be helpful.

Regards,
Soeren

Hi Patrick,

do you see any chance that somebody will fix the firmware?

No. :(

If not, can you take into consideration to remove the dib0700_streaming_ctrl callback as in the (again) attached patch so solve the switch-on problem? The patch runs flawlessly on my vdr system for weeks now. There are no negative side effects from reducing the urb count to 1.

There might be a real problem in the dib0700 for the streaming_ctrl function. I have to check that.

If you prefer a patch that removes the callback for all dib0700 devices or
only for all dual devices, I can prepare that. But I can test it only with
Nova-T-Stick and Nova-TD-Stick.

I have some new devices here to test as well, I will try to do it during the week(end).

Sorry for not reacting in the first place. But I really couldn't do anything at that time.

regards,
Patrick.

--
  Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx