Re: [ivtv-devel] tveeprom cannot autodetect tuner! (FQ1216LME MK5)

On Wed, 2009-05-27 at 02:15 +0200, hermann pitton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Dienstag, den 26.05.2009, 22:21 +0200 schrieb Martin Dauskardt:
> > I should add that the picture quality is with all tested tuner types worse
> > than with my PVR250/350. I don't know if a PVR150 is in generally worse than
> > a PVR250. I can't call it really noisy, but in german I would say the picture
> > is a little bit "grobkörnig". It really needs a temporal filter setting of
> > value 8 or more, while my other PVR cards have a nice quality even with value
> > 0.
> >
> > I will test whatever you guys want me to test :-)  But I am not a programmer,
> > so I need detailled instructions what to patch.
> >
> > My next step will be testing an older v4l2 with an 2.6.27 kernel to see if the
> > audio problem still exists.
>
> Martin, that seems the right way to start and there is no need to hurry.
>
> If nobody has a datasheet, and I can imagine that such an early RF loop
> through tuner has some specials, you are still in a difficult testing
> field, even if only on PAL BG for now. Is RF out is active would be
> still interesting to know.

Hermann,

There is an FQ1216LME MK3 data sheet here:

http://dl.ivtvdriver.org/datasheets/tuners/FQ1216LME%20Mk3.pdf

Is it safe to assume that the MK5 is not very different from the MK3?

I can build an entry for the FQ1216LME based on this datasheet (maybe on
Friday night) and hope it works well enough for the MK5.

Regards,
Andy