Strange PCI IDs

Hello,

While discovering the bttv code (I'd like to add support to a yet unsupported bttv derivative, the PMS PDI Deluxe) I found a strange commit:

changeset:   10944:6b90215088f0
user:        Mauro Carvalho Chehab <mchehab@xxxxxxxxxx>
date:        Wed Mar 11 08:18:53 2009 -0300
summary:     Conceptronic CTVFMI2 PCI Id

within: linux/drivers/media/video/bt8xx/bttv-cards.c

{ 0x109e036e, BTTV_BOARD_CONCEPTRONIC_CTVFMI2, "Conceptronic CTVFMi v2"},

Does the above work at all for autodetecting this card?

The PCI ID looks suspiciously like a generic PCI ID, especially considering that:

  109e : vendor id for "Brooktree Corporation"
  036e : device id for "Bt878 Video Capture"

So I immediately was surprised to see the above PCI ID constant.

It does not appear it would cause any problem since the vendor and device ids are reversed anyway, however is this really correct? Shouldn't there be a comment about it?

Cheers,
Nicolas Léveillé