Re: RE : RE : Hauppauge Nova-TD-500 vs. T-500

On Wed, 20 May 2009, Thierry Lelegard wrote:
When you tune both frontends at the same time, please try to not tune the
same frequency.

I don't. In my tests, I use only one frontend.

In production, it could be possible that two frontends on the same TD-500
tune the same frequency for some period of time. What is the problem with that ?

If two oscillators are oscillating at the same frequency, they are interfering each other. Results for devices like yours are a variation of the SNR of 10dB (rare, but I have seen it in our labs).

Solution is simple: frontends are always tuned with a small frequency offset (like 100kHz) . Usually (for DiBcom demods at least) it is no problem to recover such an offset.

Patrick.

--
  Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx