Re: [GSPCA] Driver Development for Speed Link VAD Laplace

Hi Erik,

Erik Andrén wrote:
I have searched for some more hardware information than from the vendor
available but in vain (though the cam is about 1 year old already).
I know that especially the video format the webcam delivers would be
important to know for driver development.

If there are any (freeware) tools available except those USB sniffers to
find out any more hardware details please let me know, so I can help
with the driver.

Hi,
If possible, you can open the case and inspect what chips that are inside.
That should give you a head start.

Thanks for the hint. It was a bit difficult but with the help of my
friends we managed to open the CAM without any visible harm and got
the following chip information:

Main chip (Large)

EMPIA EM2765
6Z523-500
0711-118G

Little chips
IDT
STAC9753AX
MPG
E10745Z
UT10953

I also updated the wiki and included some pics.
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/VAD_Laplace

Regards,

Reinhard
--
Software-Engineer, Developer of User Interfaces
Project: Canorus - the next generation music score editor - http://canorus.berlios.de