Re: [PULL] soc-camera: one commit as v4l2-dev preparation

Em Thu, 7 May 2009 18:47:53 +0200 (CEST)
Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovetski@xxxxxx> escreveu:

> Hi Mauro,
>
> Please pull from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~gliakhovetski/v4l-dvb
>
> for the following changeset:
>
> 01/01: soc-camera: prepare for the platform driver conversion
> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~gliakhovetski/v4l-dvb?cmd=changeset;node=0a8bf9a89ae4
>
>  drivers/media/video/soc_camera.c |   73 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
>  include/media/soc_camera.h       |    5 ++
>
> I posted this patch about 2 weeks ago to the list for review, it creates
> basis for gradual conversion of all affected platforms to the intermediate
> platform driver stage of soc-camera, on its way to v4l2-subdev API. With
> this patch we shall be able then to convert all platforms one by one to
> their final form, which they shall then be able to preserve also when the
> v4l2-subdev API is in place. So, it would help, if you could push this
> change ASAP to linux-next, so we can start converting single platforms.

Guennadi,

Applied, but it is not producing two section mismatches. Please fix it and send
this patch alone, ASAP, since I intend to fold it together with your patch, at my -git.

WARNING: /home/v4l/master/v4l/soc_camera.o(.data+0x0): Section mismatch in reference from the variable soc_camera_pdrv to the function .devinit.text:soc_camera_pdrv_probe()
The variable soc_camera_pdrv references
the function __devinit soc_camera_pdrv_probe()
If the reference is valid then annotate the
variable with __init* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
*driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

WARNING: /home/v4l/master/v4l/soc_camera.o(.data+0x8): Section mismatch in reference from the variable soc_camera_pdrv to the function .devexit.text:soc_camera_pdrv_remove()
The variable soc_camera_pdrv references
the function __devexit soc_camera_pdrv_remove()
If the reference is valid then annotate the
variable with __exit* (see linux/init.h) or name the variable:
*driver, *_template, *_timer, *_sht, *_ops, *_probe, *_probe_one, *_console,

Btw,

I've aded a new target on our building system:
	make mismatch

It would be better to use the newer tag, instead of just "make" before sending
patches to me, to be sure that the code won't generate section mismatches.

Cheers,
Mauro