saa7134-alsa and snd_card_new only error with alsa 1.0.19 / ubuntu 9.04 jaunty - tracked down, further help appreciated

Hello,

I'm getting exactly one error message in dmesg: saa7134_alsa: Unknown
symbol snd_card_new  which means I don't have any sound with analog tv.

I've tracked down the call to snd_card_new to the only location in
compat.h where it is called if #ifdef NEED_SND_CARD_CREATE is true. If
#ifdef NEED_SND_CARD_CREATE is true, there is also done an inclusion of
sound/core.h. Core.h is an alsa header which in the latest alsa 1.0.19
includes a definition of snd_card_new. However this definition is
missing in the sources that come with Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty against which I
compiled the v4l-dvb sources (The saa7134-alsa error occurs with both my
compilation and did occur with the pre-compiled drivers which came with
9.04 Jaunty!).

Adding snd_card_new to the Ubuntu 9.04 sources was/is no good idea as it
calls its own snd_card_create from init.c which conflicts with
snd_card_create from compat.h which is the wrapper around snd_card_new
there.

As the call to snd_card_create in compat.h passes the identical argument
list as would be passed to init.c s snd_card_create later, I figured I
can add the declaration of snd_card_create to the core.h of the Ubuntu
9.04 sources which is/was missing too there as extern and disable the
snd_card_create in compat.h (compat.h includes core.h thus core.h s
extern snd_card_create should be called). As init.c does an
export_symbol of snd_card_create I guessed this could work.

So I would have instead of a wrapped call to a non-existant snd_card_new
a direct call to an exported snd_card_create.
Unfortunately I get this in dmesg now:

saa7134_alsa: no symbol version for snd_card_create
[ 4383.422044] saa7134_alsa: Unknown symbol snd_card_create

What can I do now?

Any help?

Thanks!

Best Regards