firedtv driver development status

Hi lists,

I planned to adapt drivers/media/dvb/firewire/firedtv* to use the drivers/firewire stack alternatively to drivers/ieee1394, and wanted to be done with it sooner than later. But business distracted too much, so nothing happened. This is how far I got, in case anybody is interested in finishing it before I am able to get back to it (don't know exactly when that will be):

http://user.in-berlin.de/~s5r6/linux1394/pending/firewire-share-device-id-table-type-with-ieee1394.patch
http://user.in-berlin.de/~s5r6/linux1394/pending/firewire-also-use-vendor-id-in-root-directory-for-driver-matches.patch
http://user.in-berlin.de/~s5r6/linux1394/work-in-progress/firedtv-port-to-new-firewire-core.patch

Device--driver matching, device probe and removal, and AV/C traffic all work. To do:
  - In firedtv:  Implement allocation/initialization + deallocation of
    an iso reception context; implement iso reception callback.

Also to do but independent of the port to firewire:
  - In firewire-core:  Allow multiple users of the FCP register range
    (kernelspace and userspace users) in order to access more than one
    AV/C device.  (I can do this too when I get the time.)
  - In firedtv:  Implement reception of HD channels.  (Somebody else
    needs to do it since I'm not familiar with the DVB subsystem.)
--
Stefan Richter