Re: Nova-T 500 does not survive reboot

Nicolas Will <nico <at> youplala.net> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I am running an hg clone from a few days ago with firmware 1.20 on a
> 64-bit Ubuntu Intrepid (2.6.27 kernel).
>
> I have noticed that for some time now the card/driver/firmware
> combination does not like warm reboots.
>
> If I reboot the system and try to use any Nova-T 500 tuner, I
> immediately get the mt2060 I2C errors.
>
> If I completely shut down the system, remove the power, then reboot, all
> is fine.
>
> I have missed most of the linux-media traffic, I was still stuck on
> linux-dvb. Have I missed some discussions about this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Nico
>
> --
> the body of a message to majordomo <at> vger.kernel.org

Hi, Nicholas

I posted the very same thing 3 days ago:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/4973

This is something that has been occuring lately, since some months ago. I don't
know when exactly was this bug introduced, but it has been in HG for a couple of
months at least. I can remenber that other guy posted about this issue some time
ago, but I can't find the link.

And for what I see, Janne Grunau is also having problems with the card. See what
he have just posted...:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.video-input-infrastructure/4973

Best regards,
  Eduard Huguet