PID discontinuity problems on TT C-2300

Hi,

I tried to get help from the MythTV community to no avail. Maybe it's a hardware/driver/dvb subsystem problem, I have no idea.

I see two symptoms, some recordings are generated empty, i.e. Myth thinks it has recorded something, but there is no video file created.

Sometimes, recordings just stop in the middle. This is the only case where I get a useful log entry *at all*.
But it doesn't say anything more than:
2009-04-22 23:03:07.318 DVBRec(1:0): PID 0x215 discontinuity detected
with different PIDs. This message is continuously being logged until the end of the scheduled recordings, sometime interrupted by a single: 2009-04-22 23:03:11.220 AddTSPacket: Out of sync!!! Need to wait for next payloa
dStart PID: 0x10, continuity counter: 15 (expected 12).

Please help me someone, no component of this system is logging *anything* useful, this used to work one day, and I'm running out of ideas and motivation into frustration.

Beside several things I also tried running a recent v4l-dvb hg checkout. No change.

Jan.

http://horde.org/consulting/