Re: Nova-TD usb dual tuner issue

When I connect my Nova-TD dual tuner usb stick to my debian/sid box with
2.6.29.1 kernel I can only use the second tuner (mplayer
dvb://2@<tvchannel>). When trying to use the first one (dvb://1...@...)
tuning is extremely bad and an image barely appears with many errors.

I tried switching the antennas to no avail, the problem persists.

Is this a know problem, or do I just have a bad stick ?

Due to my experience the gain and frequency response of the internal amplifiers at both antenna inputs is different, so the same antenna can work fine at one port and not so good at the other, at least for some channel. I had problems with strong antenna signals, so I used an attenuator to improve reception.

HTH,
Soeren