Kworld ATSC 120 remote sensor - bad news

I finally got a response from Kworld regarding that mystery IC that listens to the remote control, and it's all bad news. :-(

The respondent (a member of the Kworld engineering department, it appears) first tried to use my OS as an excuse, but I pressed anyway.  He tells me that both Kworld and the outsourced manufacturer who actually made the card, have lost all of the technical data regarding it.

In short, both firms claim to know even less than we do.

I have now turned my attention to Geniatech, since the Thriller X8000A is an exact clone of (or was cloned by) the ATSC 120.  I have thus far received no response, but I'll keep the list informed.

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."