Re: Dark picture on Genius E-Messenger 112 webcam with yesterday's v4l-dvb code.

On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 18:16:14 +0400
Victor <ErV2005@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello.

Hello Victor,

> I'm using Genius E-Messenger 112 webcam on Slackware 12.2 with
> 2.6.27.7 kernel (custom-built) and yesterday's v4l-dvb sources
> checked out via "mercurial" ("hg log" returns "11445:dba0b6fae413" as
> latest commit). the camera uses gspca_main and gspca_pac207 kernel
> modules.`
>
> Camera works (with LD_PRELOAD=v4l2convert.so) in mplayer (mplayer
> tv://) and skype, but picture is way too dark. It looks like
> "contrast" is permanently set at maximum, and doesn't change
> (although it looks like camera tries to adjust brightness
> automatically).
>
> How can this be fixed?

Did you try to change the webcam controls? (there are brightness,
exposure, autogain and gain - they may be changed by programs as
v4l2ucp or vlc)

> Few articles in the web talk about
> "/sys/module/gspca/parameters/gamma", etc, but it looks like such
> advice is outdated. I assume this device is not completely supported
> (people on the web recommend to avoid using this camera on linux), so
> perhaps I could provide additional data to make it work in the
> future. Or, perhaps, someone could tell me where (in gspca source) I
> could start trying to fix that problem.

You may ask to Hans de Goede who is the maintainer of the pac207
driver.

Cheers.

--
Ken ar c'hentañ	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/