firedtv and ca-module

Hi,

I'm having trouble using the firedtv driver to watch scrambled
channels using a ca-module. Here's my setup: I have a firedtv c/ci
tuner with an irdeto cam, and am running Fedora 10 with a 2.6.29.1
kernel. In general I have no problems with FTA channels, but scrambled
channels do not always work. I've tested my setup on a macbook in mac
osx using eyetv, and here I can watch scrambled channels without any
problems, so I doubt my problems are hardware related.

I have tried to track down the problem using various dvb-apps, and the
app I've had the best results with is gnutv from dvb-apps. If I try to
tune to a scrambled channel I get the following:

[root@hp-laptop gnutv]# ./gnutv -channels ./channels.conf -out file
test.mpg "3+"
CAM Application type: 01
CAM Application manufacturer: cafe
CAM Manufacturer code: babe
CAM Menu string: Irdeto Access
CAM supports the following ca system ids:
Using frontend "FireDTV C/CI", type DVB-C
status SCVYL | signal ff00 | snr 2525 | ber 000000be | unc 00000000 |
FE_HAS_LOCK

and then it hangs. But if I kill the process and try again it works and I get:

[root@hp-laptop gnutv]# ./gnutv -channels ./channels.conf -out file
test.mpg "3+"
CAM Application type: 01
CAM Application manufacturer: cafe
CAM Manufacturer code: babe
CAM Menu string: Irdeto Access
CAM supports the following ca system ids:
Using frontend "FireDTV C/CI", type DVB-C
status SCVYL | signal ff00 | snr 2525 | ber 00000082 | unc 00000000 |
FE_HAS_LOCK
Received new PMT - sending to CAM...

So I need to "tune" the channel twice for it to work. After this first
time it keeps working even if I stop gnutv and start it again, as long
as I want to watch the same channel. As soon as try to watch a
different channel I again need to "tune" it twice before it works.

Well that's not completely true. Because after playing around with
several different channels it appears there might be a pattern. If I
have been able to successfully watch a scrambled channel by tuning it
twice as described above then I can watch all channels in the mux
without having to tune twice again. The problem only appears again
when I try to watch a channel in a different mux.

I hope that some of you can make some sense of my problem. Please let
me know if I can provide any additional information.

/Johs