Re: [RFC] Anticipating lirc breakage

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 12:02:09 +0200
Jean Delvare <khali@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Glad to see we all mostly agree on what to do now. I'll still answer
> some of your questions below, to clarify things even more.

I don't understand why you are preferring to do some workaround, spending
energy to add hooks at the kernel drivers to support out-of-tree drivers,
instead of working to provide the proper solution.

I'm against adding any hook on kernel to support an out-of-tree driver.

>From what I understood, lirc developers are interested on merging lirc drivers.
We all agree that ir-kbd-i2c doesn't address all i2c IR's, and that lirc
drivers provide support for the remaining ones.

So, let's just forget the workarounds and go straight to the point: focus on
merging lirc-i2c drivers.

Cheers,
Mauro