Re: soc_camera_open() not called

Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, Robert Jarzmik wrote:

Darius Augulis <augulis.darius@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

Darius Augulis wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to launch mx1_camera based on new v4l and soc-camera tree.
After loading mx1_camera module, I see that .add callback is not called.
In debug log I see that soc_camera_open() is not called too.
What should call this function? Is this my driver problem?
p.s. loading sensor driver does not change situation.
Are you by any chance using last 2.6.29 kernel ?
If so, would [1] be the answer to your question ?

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/3/24/625
thanks. it means we should expect soc-camera fix for this?
I'm using 2.6.29-git8, but seems it's not fixed yet.
No, I don't think so.

You're right.

The last time I checked there had to be an amendement to the patch which
introduced the driver core regression, as it touches other areas as well
(sound/soc and mtd from memory).

I think Guennadi can confirm this, as he's the one who raised the issue in the
first place.

If Darius had followed the thread you referred to he would have come down to this message

http://lkml.org/lkml/2009/3/26/202

which provides a reply as to "what should be fixed," and yes, Ming Lei has already provided a patch to fix this, it should hit mainstream... some time before -rc1.

could you please send me this patch or show where is it available?

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.