Broken ioctls for the mpeg encoder on the HVR-1800

Hello,

With the cx23885 driver that shipped with 2.6.29, as well as the
latest hg driver, the analog mpeg encoder device for the HVR-1800 does
not respond to the VIDIOC_QUERYCAP ioctl, returning ENOTTY.  This
ioctl previously worked with the driver in 2.6.28.  The preview device
does respond to the ioctl properly, and I am able to tune and set the
input via the preview device.  I can also capture MPEG using a simple
cat /dev/video1 > out.mpg.  Are the ioctls supposed to work on the
mpeg device, or should it be tuned via the preview device only?

Thanks,
Joe Yasi