Re: Patch for 2.6.29 stable series: remove #ifdef MODULE nonsense

Hans Verkuil wrote:
Hi Mike,

The attached patch should be queued for 2.6.29.X. It corresponds to changeset 11098 (v4l2-common: remove incorrect MODULE test) in our v4l-dvb tree and is part of the initial set of git patches going into 2.6.30.

Without this patch loading ivtv as a module while v4l2-common is compiled into the kernel will cause a delayed load of the i2c modules that ivtv needs since request_module is never called directly.

While it is nice to see the delayed load in action, it is not so nice in that ivtv fails to do a lot of necessary i2c initializations and will oops later on with a division-by-zero.

Thanks to Mark Lord for reporting this and helping me figure out what was wrong.

Regards,

	Hans

Got it, thanks.

In the future, please point to hash codes rather than revision ID's -- my rev IDs are not the same as yours, but hash codes are always unique.

I'll queue this the moment Linus merges Mauro's pending request.

Cheers,

Mike