Re: AverMedia Volar Black HD (A850)

Olivier MENUEL wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone knows how to get this card work on linux : AverMedia Volar Black HD (A850)
lsusb id is : 07ca:850a

I tried this project : http://linuxtv.org/hg/~anttip/af9015_aver_a850/ which seems to be specifically for this card but it does not work (The .num_device_descs has not been correctly set).
I tried to fix the .num_device_descs and also tried to add my card in the af9015.c file of the official v4l-dvb project.

My card is now correctly detected and dirs are created in the /dev/dvb, but it seems initialization fails :

 > I guess the problem is here :  [ 1164.478066] af9015: command failed:2

No it is not biggest problem - it only says that 2nd FE (you have dual tuner) will be disabled because it fails.

It's probably a firmware issue, I'm using this firmware http://otit.fi/~crope/v4l-dvb/af9015/af9015_firmware_cutter/firmware_files/
I'm completely stuck and have no idea what else could be done.

The main problem seems to be that AverMedia does not use standard nor reference settings. That's very typical in case of AverMedia, I don't know why... Someone should find correct settings used from usb-sniffs and configure that device as needed. It is a little bit hard for me add support because I don't have device. But I can try to look sniff and guess what should be changed.

I was waiting for if Laurent can fix that device. Laurent, are you still working with that?

Sniffs are welcome.

regards
Antti
--