gspca: Logitech QuickCam Messenger no go (was Re: Asus PG221 monitor camera sensor not recognised)

sorry for hijacking the thread, just a quick notice to say, that my
Logitech QuickCam Messenger webcam (USB_DEVICE(0x046d, 0x08da)) is not
working with recent kernels either, but, it used to work with out-of-tree
gspca, I think, gspcav1-20071224 did work (I might still be able to bring
up the machine with which I used it back then and even boot that kernel),
so, it shouldn't be very difficult to fix it again. I noticed, that that
older version used a different sensor with this camera, so, I tried
"force_sensor=tas5130cxx" with 2.6.28, but it didn't help either.

Notice, this is not very high priority for me, that's why I'm only
reporting it now, but it would be good to have it fixed some time...

Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.