Re: [patch review] radio/Kconfig: introduce 3 groups: isa, pci, and others drivers

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Mauro Carvalho Chehab
<mchehab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:03:20 +0300
> Alexey Klimov <klimov.linux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hello, all
>> What do you think about such patch that makes selecting of radio drivers
>> in menuconfig more comfortable ?
>
> Frankly, I don't see any gain: If the user doesn't have ISA (or doesn't want to
> have), it should have already unselected the ISA sub-menu. The remaining PCI
> and USB drivers are few. So, creating menus for them seem overkill.
>
> We could eventually reorganize the item order, and adding a few comments to
> indicate the drivers that are ISA, PCI, PCIe and USB (something similar to what
> was done at DVB frontend part of the menu), but still, I can't see much value.

Okay, well, sorry for bothering.
Only one point here - if user want to unselect radio drivers in
menuconfig, for example - pci and isa in some bad config file he
should pick a lot of times, and with this patch only 2 times.
But, okay.

--
Best regards, Klimov Alexey