Re: 4vl + usb + arm

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 5:58 PM, Pete Eberlein <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The v4l/Makefile.media uses the host strip binary on the ARM .ko files,
> which doesn't work.  It could use $(CROSS_COMPILE)strip instead.  I
> worked around the problem using a strip soft-link to arm-eabi-strip in
> my cross tools bin directory.

I ran into the issue with strip, and just worked around it by putting
the cross compiler's bin directory into the path.  If you have a patch
though that fixes it the "right" way, feel free to submit a patch.

> I'd like to know if modules built this way work on actual hardware.

Generally speaking, yes they do work.  I did some work with a couple
of different devices under ARM, and although there are bugs (which I
am preparing patches for), the drivers basically worked as expected.

Regards,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller