Re: REVIEW: bttv conversion to v4l2_subdev

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> On Sunday 15 March 2009 17:04:43 Trent Piepho wrote:
> > On Sun, 15 Mar 2009, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > > Hi Mauro,
> > >
> > > Can you review my ~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-bttv2 tree?
> >
> > It would be a lot easier if you would provide patch descriptions.
>
> Here it is:
>
> - bttv: convert to v4l2_subdev.

You aren't even trying.  I could easily write two pages on this patch.

What new module parameters did you add?  Why?  What module parameters did
you delete?  Why?  How does one translate a existing modprobe.conf file?

Why are the i2c addresses from various i2c chips moved into the bttv
driver?  Doesn't it make more sense that the addresses for chip X should be
in the driver for chip X?

How has module loading changed?  Can one no longer *not* autoload modules if
you are trying to test drivers that are not installed in /lib/modules?

What fields did you add to the card database?  Why?  How much did the size
increase?  What is the never set has_saa6588 field in tvcards needed for?

What are the parameters to bttv_call_all?

How did you change the probing sequence?  What was it before?  What is it
now?

Where do the subdevs you created get deleted?