bttv, tvaudio and ir-kbd-i2c probing conflict

Hi Mauro, Jean,

When converting the bttv driver to v4l2_subdev I found one probing conflict
between tvaudio and ir-kbd-i2c: address 0x96 (or 0x4b in 7-bit notation).

It turns out that this is one and the same PIC16C54 device used on the
ProVideo PV951 board. This chip is used for both audio input selection and
for IR handling.

But the tvaudio module does the audio part and the ir-kbd-i2c module does
the IR part. I have truly no idea how this should be handled in the new
situation. For that matter, I wonder whether it ever worked at all since my
understanding is that once you called i2c_attach_client for a particular
address, you cannot do that a second time. So depending on which module
happens to register itself first, you either have working audio or working
IR, but not both.

It might work if you use lirc, since that uses low-level i2c access
(right?). But I can't see how it can work with ir-kbd-i2c and tvaudio at
the same time.

Did some googling and this seems to confirm my analysis:

http://lists.zerezo.com/video4linux/msg21328.html

Ideas on a postcard, please... :-)

Regards,

	Hans