Re: saa7134 and RDS

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 01:43:08AM +0100, hermann pitton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, den 02.03.2009, 13:33 +0900 schrieb Dmitri Belimov:
> > Hi All.
> >
> > I want use RDS on our TV cards. But now saa7134 not work with saa6588.
> > I found this old patch from Hans J. Koch. Why this patch is not in mercurial??
> > Yes I know that patch for v4l ver.1 and for old kernel. But why not??
> > v4l has other way for RDS on saa7134 boards?
>
> I think the patch got lost, because it was not clear who should pull it
> in. Likely Hartmut or Mauro would have picked it up in 2006 if pinged
> directly.

The main reason was that at that time there was a conflict with the i2c
ir keyboard driver. I couldn't fix it immediately and was occupied with
different things afterwards. I don't know if saa7134 i2c got fixed
in the meantime.

> Please try to work with Hans to get it in now. There was also a
> suggestion to add a has_rds capability flag and about how to deal with
> different RDS decoders later, IIRC.

Right. We should have a flag you could set to something like
  .has_rds = RDS_SAA6588
so that the rds driver could be loaded automagically.

But I'm afraid I cannot spend much time on this work ATM, sorry.

Thanks,
Hans