Re: [PULL] http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-zoran

On Friday 27 February 2009 01:33:09 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 18:58:29 +0100
>
> Hans Verkuil <hverkuil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It took me several long weekends to get all this work done, but I think
> > it's been very worthwhile.
>
> Very great job!
>
> Yet, I had to add some patches to manually fix a few merge conflicts
> after your series. I'll try to fold those patches at the proper places to
> avoid breaking bisect upstream.
>
> A side note: we should now remove the video_decoder.h headers. There are
> only 3 drivers left using it. I'll add an RFC asking for people to help
> with the remaining ones, or otherwise strip them from kernel.

I have a v4l-dvb-vino tree pending that converts the last video_decoder.h
users. I'm waiting for test results, but the guy I've asked to do the
testing (the original vino author) has very little time (and I suspect
interest), so if I do not get feedback in time then I'll just make a pull
request for that tree and get it in untested.

I also noted that it was still included in mxb.c: it can certainly be
removed there.

Note that now that the zoran tree is merged, the video_encoder.h header has
become obsolete. It's not in our tree, so you will have to manually remove
it from the upstream kernel.

Regards,

	Hans