Re: POLL: for/against dropping support for kernels < 2.6.22

> Hans Verkuil wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> There are lot's of discussions, but it can be hard sometimes to actually
>> determine someone's opinion.
>>
>> So here is a quick poll, please reply either to the list or directly to
>> me
>> with your yes/no answer and (optional but welcome) a short explanation
>> your standpoint. It doesn't matter if you are a user or developer, I'd
>> like
>> to see your opinion regardless.
>>
>> Please DO NOT reply to the replies, I'll summarize the results in a
>> week's
>> time and then we can discuss it further.
>>
>> Should we drop support for kernels <2.6.22 in our v4l-dvb repository?
>>
>> _: Yes
>> _: No
>>
> No
>> Optional question:
>>
>> Why:
>>

> i don't have a vote as i'm only a user and not a developer

Users *especially* have a vote. This poll is among others meant to get a
feeling for how important people think the backwards compat is. I think it
is of limited importance, but I've no way of knowing that for certain
unless I get feedback. So I invite anyone, developer or user, to give
their opinion!

And it's not a case of 'most votes count'. It's not that type of a poll.
It's really a survey. (Hmm, that would have been a better name for this
anyway. So sue me :-) ).

Regards,

         Hans